NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

January Meet

Matthew

I think i might try and attend just for somebody to show me the very basics:confused:

my first meet was last month and i was a bit apprehensive about going with no scope, feeling like a spare ***** at a wedding e.t.c. you cant meet a better bunch of people, really did enjoy it.

glad i went now though! and will defo be going to this one :icon_scratch:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, so just to check. the date is the 28th January which is a saturday. Is this originally planned for farm site and if it is windy then the bleanavon site??

Is this correct just checking so that I dont turn up at the wrong site and looking like a idiot as i am the only standing there with a scope setup lol.

Thanks.

No its at the Blaenavon site Anthony,theres 2 sites we can use there.I only use the second site at Blaenavon if its a bit windy.Im glad you enjoyed yourself Scott next time im out in the garden i will text you... you can pop up.I dont know the owner of the farm i will have to pop up there with pat to check if its still ok for us to use it.

Hi pete Just have a look around for me ask any of teh team there and i will try and make some time to help. i dont know yet whether i will be running a scope or just mingling with the crowd i am not down for the observatory this year.

• 2 weeks later...

No worries with the sugar, all u need is cups, my company will be providing the sugar n flask (when i tell them)

Come to think about it, i should be able to get those thin plastic vending cups too.

any idea (approx) how many are turning up?

ps, thats what the phone call was about, if you all liked tea or coffee..

Haha,sorry I didn't ring back Andy as I'm not allowed to use my phone in work (sackable offence !),and because of my shift patterns I'm hard to get hold of , anyway we will do a quick roll call,if your coming Saturday post on the thread so Andy knows,

Refreshment update:

I've been given a tube of white tea and a tube of white coffee (Klikx) and the pump flask, which I'll fill with hot water, so you can just help yourself's

I'll bring some soup and cappachino as well, for the exotic feel (bring your own croutons)

3 out of my 4 weather sites show clear sky tomorrow night with one showing rain.

Seems to be a front coming in from the west but not due to arrive untill after midnight.

Good chance of snow after that. Temp about 3c so wrap up warm everybody

Archived