NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The Sun 2 January 2012 white light

Bizibilder

I finally got to see the Sun today - Just had two weeks of Hols and only got to take pics on two days!! Typical 14.gif

Anyway - these are todays and include a few spot close-ups with the SPC900 (around 1100/1200 frames). All through the Evostar 120 Achro (stopped to 100mm) and Canon 1000D, Baader Solar Filter. ISO 100 1/1000 sec. 11.00GMT for the full disc.

2January2012JPEG.jpg

2January2012AnnotatedJPEG.jpg

2January2012ARCloseups.jpg

2January2012LongLat.jpg

nice, nice, nice! is the slr full disc a single frame or a stack?

i was out a little while after this and though the image was boiling like mad i think that big spot ar1389 was starting to break up (a lightbridge?).

Fantastic pictures!

I had a good view yesterday as well although it was in between twigs from a tree, the atmosphere was the worst I had ever seen boiling madly.

Have you ever tried a UV/IR cut filter as well?

Alexandra

Alexandra - I've never used any filters other than the Baader film, I'm going to treat myself to a #58 Green to start with and see how I get on with that. Hopefully it will improve the visibility of the surface granulation and enhance spot details.

Archived