Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Cave Nebula And Various Other Objects

Tom OD

Hi All,

This is primarily the Cave Nebula, but I can't find any listings in Starry Night or Cartes Ciel for LBN objects. To the right of the cave, the dark nebula looks like a jackal looking left, or that rabbit thing in Donnie Darko. I really like the Brown emission type nebula in the bottom right.

Anyway this is in the Milky Way, hence the golden brown dust and red stars.

This is 17hrs in total, 4 hrs each Lum and Ha, and 9 hrs RGB with a Tak FSQ106N and Atil 11000. Processing was in AA4, PI and PS.

This will be the top right pane, of a 4 pane Cave to Bubble mosaic that I'm trying. Although it will be March before I get to finish the RGB for the other 3 frames.

Happy New Year SGL.:p

Tom.

post-17334-13387771094_thumb.jpg

Sensational. I've seen this at higher res and, believe me, it's quite something. Isn't it great to get an all new look at a region, too. Amateurs can't go Hubble deep but they can go wider than the professionals do.

Yup, gorgeous.

Olly

Cheers guys.

There is so much going on in that region. I almost forgot that its in the Milky Way. I was expecting more red Ha, but the Lum won out in the signal game. I still needed the 4hrs Ha though as the other panes will have a better signal from the Bubble and Claw region. I hope it will blend in ok.

Tom.

Archived