Hi Everybody

stargazer1

Hi everybody, thought i had better introduce myself as ive been reading on here for a while.

I have bought a Skywatcher Heritage 130p Flextube just to get me started a few months ago and am still looking for something a bit bigger as i have a dark back garden but lots of trees around and not much of a south view, unless i go to the front and take out the street lights!

Had some good views of jupiter with this scope but its gets you wondering how much better view you would get with the likes of this Skywatcher Explorer 200P EQ5, and if i would decide to do any basic or dslr pics

well many thanks to all that have posted on here as i have learnt a lot but still far too much to learn as always.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bought my son the heritage for xmas , got some nice views of the moon last night but it was blooming freezing here in Middlesbrough.Spotted what we thought was Jupiter but had trouble using the barlow x2 we kept getting an image of the secondary mirror in the eye piece which would only go away when we removed the barlow , have you had any similar probs . PS me and my son are total newbies

Hi Daz2011.

I don't know your telescope but I think it maybe to do with the focal length being changed by the addition of the barlow. Try posting your problem on the beginners section. Good luck in getting it sorted!

Bought my son the heritage for xmas , got some nice views of the moon last night but it was blooming freezing here in Middlesbrough.Spotted what we thought was Jupiter but had trouble using the barlow x2 we kept getting an image of the secondary mirror in the eye piece which would only go away when we removed the barlow , have you had any similar probs . PS me and my son are total newbies

Sorry i havent used a barlow so no idea there but you could try posting in another section as mentioned above.

I have used a 10mm eye piece on Jupiter and you can definitely see the bands and the moons with this scope but i have also tried a 6mm ep but you lose a lot of the quality.

Archived