Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The 115 & 1100D Meets The Flaming Star Nebula

Deneb

Hi

Had a clear spell last night, so I thought - take the 1100D out & use it on the Altair Astro 115 EDT Triplet Scope.

Well, you have 10x 10min Subs, with 15x Flats @ISO800. It still needs some work with better centering of the object & some Darks...

FlamingStarNeb1024.jpg

Cheers

Nadeem.

Smashing image Nadeem, I love the colour. Really lives up to it's name. Do you think any of that would show in an unmodded camera?

Some probably would. However, you might get more of the wispy blue reflection nebula around the Flaming Star itself, then you could collaborate via Registar!! Don't forget that SGL collaboration that produced an APOD...

Olly

(APOD - Astronomy Picture of the Day - Astronomy Picture of the Day)

Fantastic Nadeem - You must be very pleased with this! As Guy noted, the field looks to be as flat as a pancake right into the corners and the stars are absolutely pinpoint (and you obviously had no guiding or focusing issues either :p)

I didn't at first notice the reflection nebula starting to come through until I read Olly's post and had another look, but it is indeed starting to come through - I just did a VERY quick search on APOD and saw that the last time they featured IC405 was in 2003, so it's about time they put another one up... :confused:

EDIT: Oh... sorry - I just found one from March 2011... Still, I'm sure we could all beat that one! :icon_salut:

Archived