NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Which eyepieces!

up2nogood

Hi guys.

Got my replacement Skywatcher Skyliner 200P Dob.

All looks good.. no black spots on the mirror this time!

I'm looking for some eyepieces now.

It's out of the Vixen NPL eyepieces or the BST Explorer Dual ED from Sky's the Limit http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Skys-the-Limit-Astro-and-Optical/BST-ED-/_i.html?_fsub=2568750014&_sid=53377064&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

I have just the standard 10m and 25m which came with the scope. should i replace these?

Anyway, what numbers should i go for?

i did order a Skywatcher Deluxe 2x Barlow not sure if that's a good move or not lol ?

say i wanted to get 150x. would i be better of with a 8mm = 150x, or 16mm With the 2x barlow to give me 150x ? what would look better sharper fov etc?

I'm still learning as i go along of course!

Any info would be great :icon_salut:

Thanks..

I would actually start with 12mm BST and see how you get on.

At 100x with 2mm exit pupil it should be very nice views for most objects.

The 25mm is good enough for a finding eyepiece, no need to change that.

You can then Barlow the 12 and 10 to see if you like the view.

Hi guys.

Got my replacement Skywatcher Skyliner 200P Dob.

All looks good.. no black spots on the mirror this time!

I'm looking for some eyepieces now.

So another thumbs up for the fast service from FLO.

Very different to my experience some years ago with a certain UK manufacturer who shipped a flawed scope.

So another thumbs up for the fast service from FLO.

Very different to my experience some years ago with a certain UK manufacturer who shipped a flawed scope.

Yes there so very helpfuly..

Hate dealing with other companys that just dont care. but Flo gave me exellent service :)

I orderd the Tal 2x barlow. will compare it with the Skywatcher Deluxe 2x Barlow:)

Just off to do astro-baby's collimation Guide :icon_salut: this should be fun for my first time lol Astro Babys Guide to Collimation

Thanks guys..

Cheers for your help guys :o

I sold my 8mm and 12mm BST to a mate. he seemed to like them, like me his learning. i just think i need something where if looking at the moon, i want to be able to see better. as i noticed when my eye would look around the part of the moon i was looking at, it would go black, so had to stare straight ahead while moving the scope around.. was playing a staring game lol.

even tho at 150x the moon looked great, (never looked that close before) i just found it annoying. i went back to my old 10mm and dont get it half as bad as i did with the 8mm, even the 12m done this also. maybe it's me lol .

so i need to find a better next stage up 8mm 12mm EP. any ideas? just want to see more with out it going dark :icon_salut:

Tried to look at mars last night.. seems to far away.

I have the Tal 2x barlow which come today! so not tried that yet.

The Skywatcher Deluxe 2x Barlow wouldn't even fit into the the 1.25" adapter for some reason.

Would it be better to get a 8mm ED = 150x, or 16mm and add the 2x barlow to give me 150x? would i lose that exit view if u get me.. gosh i got long way to learn these meaning :)

Hope someone can answer my questions please, and no skipping :iamwithstupid:lol

What these like? better? http://www.firstlightoptics.com/celestron-eyepieces/celestron-x-cel-lx-eyepiece.html

Where is says

Wide 60-degree field of view, is this the higher the number the better. and 16mm eye-relief same here ?

Cheers guys.

Archived