Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Maintenance Tonight (COMPLETED)

All finished!!

We are now running under: http://stargazerslounge.com as our primary web address, .co.uk will still work but will bring you to the .com.

Silly me hadn't realised the .com was available and as .com's are better and makes us a bit more international we thought it best to change over.

I've also moved the site over to a quieter server as some of my other sites on the previous server were getting a bit crowded hence the slowness earlier today...

I must say that if the site is a primarely UK based and used site that it annoyes me (Slightly, not going to leave or anything :police:) when they use the .com tld and not the .co.uk

I suppose it may intice a more international crowd to join up, but I always liked the .co.uk

Anyway at the end of the day is makes no real diffrence :D

Its not a major difference but its better we have the .com name than anybody else to put anything on there... its suprising how many people automatically try the .com version of a name first, .com names are much, much more valuable than any other tld.

To be honest, if I have to register domain names I always go for the .com first, if thats not available I go for .net and then .co.uk but really anything less than .com is a disapointment. So much so that I backorder domains I want that are due to expire or even completely change project names just to get .coms.

So the forum move to a new server and the .com name seems to have worked fine, has anybody experienced any problems accessing the site at all today?

Also, I would be interested if people have noticed any difference in the forums speed at all today?

So the forum move to a new server and the .com name seems to have worked fine, has anybody experienced any problems accessing the site at all today?

Also, I would be interested if people have noticed any difference in the forums speed at all today?

Had a couple of "Forbidden 403" messages when I first changed the bookmark to .com but logged off and on and all OK. I suspect this is my ISP as this has happened on other sites. PC is clean according to Norton and Spyware Doctor.

Forum seems a little quicker but it is marginal.

Thanks

Bill£ :police:

Ideally the difference in speed shouldn't be noticed but when it comes to peak times, the forum should chug along regardless of how many people are on here...

The slowest part of the operation should always be your own internet and not the speed of the server

Archived