Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_christmas_presents_winners.thumb.jpg.0650e36a94861077374d1ab41812d185.jpg

ASIGN_Baz

New article - How to take photographs of space

Nice work Baz, I love the intro !

"I hope you are switched on because there is no way I can teach you how to do this stuff without boring the poop out of you. So sit down, strap in, shut up and let's learn stuff. Pleasantries done. Moving on."

Edited by Photosbykev

Nice work Baz, I love the intro !

"I hope you are switched on because there is no way I can teach you how to do this stuff without boring the poop out of you. So sit down, strap in, shut up and let's learn stuff. Pleasantries done. Moving on."

Hopefully the reader will be bleeding profusely by the time they have finished.... :)

with all the self abuse I'm sure they will be lol.

One tip for the wide field tripod shooting is to hang your camera bag or a bag of rocks off the underside of the tripod, it certainly improves the stability even on very expensive tripods.

with all the self abuse I'm sure they will be lol.

One tip for the wide field tripod shooting is to hang your camera bag or a bag of rocks off the underside of the tripod, it certainly improves the stability even on very expensive tripods.

Yep, i'll add that because I've done it. Also a rubber strap to a tent peg works. I will be updating, tweaking and sharpening the article as I have time. It was a bit of a rush job in my boredom and mood today.

Might have to add some gum and broken glass to the boxing gloves...

:)

Love it very entertaining and good for beginners they should pickup the hobby in a poofteenth.

Great post and shed loads of useful info for someone like myself who is new. Very well done, you saved me lots of hard earned dosh. Oh yes, and my jaw hurts...:icon_salut:

Great article and interesting read, like your sense of humour.

Dave

Don't you just love the Aussie sense of humour.

Well I do, Hey Baz maybe you could give that cricket team of yours down there a pep talk. Might just improve them a bit.

Don't you just love the Aussie sense of humour.

Well I do, Hey Baz maybe you could give that cricket team of yours down there a pep talk. Might just improve them a bit.

Meh, cricket is for girls.

:icon_salut::D:D:D:D:D

Hey Baz when are we going to see some more of those amazing mountain shots.

Edited by steelfixer

:):D:D:D:D:D

Hey Baz when are we going to see some more of those amazing mountain shots.

Rest assured, there will be more coming mate. :icon_salut:

Good article. No mention of afocal, or should I just give myself an uppercut for even mentioning it :)

Good article. No mention of afocal, or should I just give myself an uppercut for even mentioning it ;)

Save your uppercut for when you need it.

Thanks for the prompt. When I have time I will include it in the article. Take a pat on the back instead mate. :)

Baz.

Thank you for the write up.

I now know not to waste my time pondering over cameras for my telescope since I have the most basic equip, can't polar align(houses block the pole star from my garden) cant motor track (no RA motor) cant use stacking software and I know nearly nothing about cameras or how to set them up, also I have no solar filter (I want to image the sun eventually)

I will be studying your guide carefully and for the next year or so I plan on geeking up, buying a solar telescope, buying an DSLR, geeking up on that, and get me some pics of the sun.

great guide, pure comedy too.

Glad you like it. Give yourself an uppercut for being a geek. You know you deserve it. :)

Edited by ASIGN_Baz

Found it very helpful and amusing :) Just my sort of teaching style.

Nice one man, exactly the sort of 'this is the basics, knock yerself out' guide to astrophotography I've been looking for. As was said above, if you find time to include a section on afocal that'd be great.

Cheers!

Nice one man, exactly the sort of 'this is the basics, knock yerself out' guide to astrophotography I've been looking for. As was said above, if you find time to include a section on afocal that'd be great.

Cheers!

It's done.