Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NEQ6 Voltage

Freddie

Hi,

Now that it is getting cold I have noticed that I am showing 11.8v on the handset. Usually I show a steady 12v.

As it gets even colder I assume I may go even lower, so am wondering if this is likely to cause any problems on the mount even when guiding with PHD?

Any thoughts?

I find both my battery power packs quite quickly discharge to the point where the power light blinks so I'm going to buy a mains supply. Not quite decided whether to go for their special offer of the variable voltage 4A one (set to 13.5v) or the (probably) better quality 13.8 bench supply at more than twice the price. I don't think I'll be running anything other than the mount off it.

How about one of these:-

Coleman Campingaz AC/DC Transformer (UK): Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Leisure

That's what I use for my CPC925GPS and I also used it with no problems at all with my EQ6 Pro mount ,when I had one, and that's even on the coldest of nights. It powers my mount and heated dew strip for the corrector on my SCT.

Brinders

• 7 years later...

Hi EQ6 power fluctuation sufferers ?

Note that I had the following symptoms with my NEQ6 Pro and found a solution

1. The mount was being powered by the mains with the factory supplied power supply adaptor.

2. I've the mount 10 years and it has been continually stored in an observatory (wooden structure so very low condensation)

3. Last week I noticed that the power lamp was flashing on the NEQ6 - but only when the hand-controller was connected.

4. Looking at the "Information" section of "Utilities" I noticed the voltage was 11.1v, and the light continued to flash when the hand-controller was connected...probably because of the extra draw for the hc.

5. I replaced the mains power supply adaptor and now have 12v supply according to the "Information" view.

I supply what appears to be redundant detail as sometimes it's important ? 

Simply put - it was the mains power supply adaptor ?

David

Archived