Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What's on your astro shopping list?

Whippy

In this order...

Equinox 80 (My lovely wife giving me money for Christmas, so I can put it towards this one - Yipppeeee!!!).

Astrotrac (Will have to wait a bit longer).

Upgrade all my eyepieces to 2" (As and when).

And many more I would love to have, but as always, cannot afford. Sigh!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I have plenty of gear but these are on my longer term list.....

13mm Ethos.

Large Refractor - I mean L-A-R-G-E none of this short tube nonsense something like the Celestron R6 ( assuming I ever get one I'll also want a Moonlite dual rate for it - sighs)

GoTo upgrade for the HEQ5.

OIII filter ( probably get that quite quick come to think of it ).

Some large binos around the 25x100 size for holidays.

Here's my list:

QHY5 to replace my SPC900NC as the guide camera

Modded DSLR

Coronado PST

and an Ethos eyepiece like Bernie's

Longer term:

The biggest telescope I can get for my EQ6 and still autoguide easily

a new laptop

an observatory

QHY8 or 9 or whatever is around when I can afford one

Sam

Nothing major on my wish list,happy with what i have

and will never upgrade to goto,prefer the joy of finding something

by star hopping,get a real sence of satisfaction as if you've discovered it,been doing it for 30 odd years so kinda know my way around the sky pretty well now.

Happy with my set of Baader Hyperions but i've never been a ep holic anyway.

An obsy would be nice but i dont have anywhere to put one without doing major re planning of the garden and i cant be bothered.Maybe one summer i'll get round to it,something to do during those never get dark months.

A bigger back garden would be nice as the house blocks the southern sky, should have knocked house down an built bungalow. Just crossed off my list the following as I went shopping today, dew shield for telrad , tele adapter for camera, and db8 to usb converter so I can control mount via pc.wish list; a good DSO camera and the knowledge of how to get the best results from it...

Well, I'm going to save up for a nice "rack & pinion" focuser for my Intes MK-66 Mak.

(in readiness for all those warm and clear summer evenings we ARE going to get next year!).

regards,

philsail1

Why Rack and Pinion Phil, and not a Crayford, which I would think would be a better choice. Of course you must have a good reason for your preference. :mrgreen:

Ron. :(

Archived