NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Stargazing Live

Ian123

Just a head's up Stargazing Live is on BBC2 on Jan 16th, 17th and 18th at Jodrell Bank with Prof.B.Cox and Dara o'briain as it was this year, looking forward to it.

Could do with more Astro programmes on t.v though.

Yep that's right, it's in this months S@N too - the Cox-Effect will no doubt filter through onto SGL and we'll see an increased number of new members asking new questions. ;)

Last year Stargazing Live was really good.. apart from Jonathan Ross ;)

With the recent announcement of BBC cutbacks, it will probably be Cleethorpes beach. ;)

Ah! Cleggy Beach what fond memories i have as a child in the sixties,the train ride from Doncaster, candy floss,the donuts, the fish n chips, the rides, the paddling in sewage (admittedly things have improved alot since then).

Dark skies might be a bit of a problem i imagine what with street lights near the beach and maybe the odd lighthouse though not sure about that one but intrigueing idea ;)

Wonder what exotic locations they will be including in this years show...

Hawaii is just so 2011... ;)

Well we had Mark Thompson and the BBC filming at our dark site (the Rollright Stones, Oxfordshire) two weeks ago which hopefully will make it into the show. I had to take some test shots of the milky way for them the week before to entice them over. The night camera's they were using were phenomenal, live HD resolution with the Orion nebula clearly visable.

Mel

With the recent announcement of BBC cutbacks, it will probably be Cleethorpes beach. ;)

We were told by them that they'd actually gotten a bigger budget than last year, and they should be covering more of the grassroots activities too.

I seem to think Liz Bonnin is going to CERN (...send a zoologist to a particle accelerator for Stargazing?)

I hope this BBC project will be good news for our retailers, who no doubt need as much help as possible to keep going in the present economic climate. I hope OVL will do their best to help supply sufficient stock in good time too before the public's interest is sparked.

Remember, a scope is for life not just for Christmas!;):D

James

Archived