Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Which Deep Cycle battery?

vincentnm

I've used two Numax deep cycle batteries in the past, one for starting and running a Landrover Discovery and the other for running the winch, inverter, offroad lighting and fridge in the back.

Snow06.jpg

Very good batteries for the price and I got mine from Tayna Batteries who do a good delivery service.

Thanks guys for the specifics on brands and suppliers. I've decided to go for the Numax.

One more question - the deep cycle chargers seem to be more expensive than the batteries topping 100 quid. Are these essential or shall I go for a cheaper charger ~25 quid?

Thanks,

Vincent.

Go for the charger/conditioner - the expensive one, of course! Seriously - you can keep the thing plugged in all the time (when not in use) and it charges the battery and then continues to trickle charge over time. The battery is always ready to use and in perfect condition. My Numax has been used for 2 years now and I cannot see any degradation at all - it still runs all my kit for over 6 hours with no problems (and I run the mount/lappy/dew heater from the same battery).

Archived