Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Just got back from my first outing with my new scope :(

Raradir

It wasn't bad, as the frowny face might suggest, it was soooooo windy that we gave up after half an hour, it was that windy it kept blowing my telescope, so when we lined it up it blew it away, very frustrating. Me and my mate managed to see Jupiter and 4 of its moons, also we both managed to see detail, as in red and orange lines. Also there was a tiny dot just above Jupiter, I thought it might of been one of its moons but it looked too small, any ideas? also another question my friend was using the telescope to try and align Jupiter then he said "look at this" so I did it was like a line across the lense? it wasn't a mark on the lense as when we moved the telescope it was stars again, any ideas, it was near Jupiter.

380127_2472627169314_1061457285_32697701_1929390723_n.jpg

hi and welcome just stars thats all,you should get a cover to go round the open part of your scope you could buy a cheap black camping matt, to make a shroud to wrap round dust and bit ect can get on the open optics sounds like you both had a great night

I know exactly what you are talking about. I was out about two weeks ago and saw a thin line as I was trying to get Jupiter in the EP. I thought it was an out of focus telegraph wire or something at first, then maybe an edge on galaxy, but I suspect is was a light reflection/refraction of some form. There is definitely nothing in that area that would make that thin line.

Congratulations on your new scope, I'm shore the weather will pick up soon for you

but you know the curse , new scope two weeks of bad weather:D:evil6:

That applies to purchasing all kit. moral: buy kit when the weather's already poo !

Archived