NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Coming to the conclusion............

nightfisher

Yeah its a pain in the bum, lucky to get a brief session once a week.

Finding myself doing a lot more planetary viewing recently as conditions have been less than favourable for looking for faint fuzzies...

It amazes me the conditions you have in these part's, I'm just inside Manchester near the Oldham boarder , However I work between Irlam and Warrington, it only takes about 30 minutes to drive to work from clear skies into a pea souper, it's like it has it's own micro-climate over there, the ship canal doesn't help thing's either, even on the way home at night i can see Fog forming about an hour or so before sun set on the canal.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmm just checked my local forecast on XCWeather - Forecast for St Helens and its not looking good for me ;)

I am slowly coming to the conclusion with the weather and the light pollution I might as well stick with my 4 inch refractor and not look at a dob for the time being.

At present I find myself sneaking out for bouts of star gazing in the garden between the clouds, something nice and easy like a refractor has its merits on these days....

Awww man it's changed :) It looked good yesterday :) I was hoping for a night out but doesn't look likely now

well hopefully i have tempted fate, it looks possible for a dabble tonight! this post reminds me why my old 120mm frac sat in the garage and then the shed rotting for about 8 years, but that wont happen again

Here in N Ireland 40 mile per hour winds from the south, rain all day Just checked my weather station strongest gust today was 46mph @ 4.35 wind seams to be dropping as the last gust was 25.1 mph don't think i'll see many stars tonight ( thank goodness for SGL )

I took nine days off work, i go back on monday, not one clear night so far

I know the feeling, i took friday monday of from the slave camp, hoping for at least one clear night!

one thing thats getting to me is having some new kit, just bits like a couple of ortho`s, a focal reducer and the motor focus on my tal (see DIY astronomer) and wanting to try them out

You might be able to, a decent clear patch has just moved over Glasshoughton, the mirrors on my TAL are out, way out but might be able to get the pup out…… saying that, im in the nightwear now

What to do, what to do……

Archived