Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Yes, another Jupiter (my third) 11 nov

Ringrocket

Excellent, tight image Ringrocket. Europa is there alright, preceeding its shadow as its after opposition. I think it is just lost in the "glare" of Jupiter`s disk at this stage of the transit. You would see it as the transit nears the planet`s limb. In my images of an earlier transit of 4th November, Europa is hard to see against the planet, gradually becoming more prominent as it neared the limb. Probably this is where greater aperture and consequently greater resolution, would tell, showing the moon more clearly crossing the planet. That and superb seeing of course:)

Nice adddition Clayton.

BTW, after your remarks about the f ratio calculated from my pictures and advice from others I removed the mirror diagonal (but kept the 2.5x Barlow) and thus lowered the f ratio from f36 to f30 which I think is better :D

Jeffrey

Archived