Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

AR11339 in white light 6th November

Montana

Finally got around to processing my white light picture of AR11339 from Sunday. Sadly it didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. This time I tried the Herschel wedge with a ND1.8 filter. This resulted in the avi files being very noisy (camera too hot I think) and a little over exposed (my fault). I also had a lot of atmospheric shake, I think I need more time for the telescope to cool now the weather is getting colder and the house warmer. All part of the learning curve, but unfortunately the left side is not as good as the right. This is a composite of 2 images to fit the monster in.

Taken with a 140mm refractor / Baader Herschel wedge + continuum filter / 5x powermate (f35) / DMK41

6328544904_5034a56d5b_b.jpg

AR11339 2011-11-06 colour by Alexandra's Astronomy, on Flickr

6327785187_1ca3f26d64_b.jpg

AR11339 2011-11-06 by Alexandra's Astronomy, on Flickr

Alexandra

Alexandra, you could frame that top one and its ready for display in the living room. Simply outstanding. Your superb granulation images are the ones I use to compare my miniscule efforts to tell if I have a good image or not. I cant catch you, yet...

Under the conditions, at f35 - you did very well!

The detail in the granulation, umbra and penumbra as well as the "light bridges" is first class!!

(BTW I sometimes wrap kitchen foil around the camera etc to reduce the direct sunlight/ heating)

Well done!!

Archived