Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

AR11339 6th November

Montana

Here is a picture taken with my new Solarscope SF-100 which arrived on Saturday. I had a lot of fun trying to get this to work on Sunday and got this picture at the last moment when the seeing was terrible. So I hope better will follow, it was my first attempt!

At least I vaguely know what I am doing now, but I fear the sun will soon be gone from my garden.

6318958055_80863b24ba_b.jpg

2011-11-06 13-49-42 AR11339 v2 by Alexandra's Astronomy, on Flickr

Alexandra

Wow! ABSOLUTELY blows away my coronado 40mm shots. This is a totally magnificent image Alexandra. You should be VERY proud of this first result. I can only imagine how your work with this instrument will look say 3 months from now. It will be glorius!

That is absolutely amazing, I cannot stop staring at the detail - don't think I have seen Ha detail so close before like this. Shame about low Sun altitude for next few months with your new equipment arriving.

John.

Thanks all for the very encouraging comments, it really does make me happy. It is very unfortunate that the filter has come so late in the year as I reckon in about 2 weeks time the sun will have dropped too low in my garden to view :) It's going to be a painful 2 months or I need to somehow get it in the car and find somewhere else. Why do we have to have winter! I suppose we have to give the Australians a chance at their solar viewing.

Alexandra

• 11 months later...

Here is a picture taken with my new Solarscope SF-100 which arrived on Saturday. I had a lot of fun trying to get this to work on Sunday and got this picture at the last moment when the seeing was terrible. So I hope better will follow, it was my first attempt!

At least I vaguely know what I am doing now, but I fear the sun will soon be gone from my garden.

6318958055_80863b24ba_b.jpg

2011-11-06 13-49-42 AR11339 v2 by Alexandra's Astronomy, on Flickr

Alexandra

amazing photo, well done :)

Archived