Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Galaxy Zoo?

hes not well again

Been logging in for a awhile now and am slightly suprised that there has been no mention of Galaxy Zoo. Personally I have spent quite a few rainy evenings happily classifying galaxies on the site. Is it too passe for words?

I went through a phase sometime back where I classified what seemed like hundreds of galaxies. I enjoyed that process the most; did some of the supernovae section as well. :)

I'm another GalaxyZooer - PlanetHunter and IceHunter too - and a big fan of the whole citizen science idea.

It's the combination of science with the chance to look at images you won't see through your scope. If it's cloudy out I'm planning future observing sessions, reading about astronomy, or classify something celestial.

Maybe I'm becoming too obsessive :)

I used to do quite a bit of classifying on Galaxy Zoo but I have found myself doing it less and less, sometimes I pick it up again for a few weeks and then leave it again. For some reason the other projects in the "Zooniverse" aren't for me so I don't frequent them much.

Archived