Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Metcheck

IvanT

What I've heard is that the owner is in jail for a sex offence.

You might want to google metcheck owner in jail

Yeah, that seems to have been a couple of years back according to the google results.

Who.is still lists the name of the convicted guy as the admin contact for the site. And the registrant is shown as being at the same address. So, is Metcheck still under the same ownership? Or is it just that who.is information is not updated when a site changes hands?

Personally I don't bother with Metcheck which I regard as something of an internet joke (remember all those "300mph winds" forecasts?) Does it claim to provide more accurate and long-range forecasts than the official organisations (e.g. Met Office) are capable of? Surely that's a scientific impossibility!?

I'd always found the Metcheck forecasts to be pretty reliable, but I too have been getting an error message for some weeks, on whatever browser I try it on (Chrome, IE and Firefox)

Archived