Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Halp - it's all got very moist!!!

After an awesome evening stargazing with my 102 refractor, it is all very, very wet! Eyepieces, scope, mount, handset and tripod are dripping with moisture. (in Monty Phython terms "it's so wet that the cat has drunk it"):icon_salut:

What is the best, safest way to dry your kit please?

The eyepieces am not so worried about as they are the ones that came with the scope, but the scope itself I am concerned about.

Cheers

Chris

Just been outside with mine and now brought it in covered in condensation . Best thing to do is to leave it and it will dry itself once inside. You can then put everything away. Also leave lens caps off until it has dried.

Thanks all for the advice - I have no dew control as this is my grab 'n go kit - but may need to rethink!

All inside with scope back on the mount - pointing down with caps off -amazed at how wet it got.

Am using a stanley tool box with the end polystyrene caps to keep / transport the scope am tempted to replace the bubble wrap with rice as this will absorb any moisture left when packed away?

Cheers

Chris

Being new to all this I experienced dew for the first time tonight. I haven't got a shield or heater but the scope came through really well, I had no fogging except on the eyepieces. I store my scope in the shed so gave it a good rub down with a tea towel, left the cap off and tilted it down. My ep's are in a flight case with gel bags so any moisture I miss the bags will hopefully get.

Archived