Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Scope Ordered

imarcs

After Months of trying to decide what was important to me, ive finally bitten the bullet and ordered....

10" Travel Dobsonian from Sumerian Optics

Latest Model - Sumerian Optics

+ Moonlight CR2 focuser

Michael from SO was incredibly helpful and very swift in his responses to all my questions. So a very good buying experience all in all.

The only bummer is the lead time ....3 Months. Never mind, the skies not going anywhere and i'll have it in time for SGL7 - WAHOOOOOO!!

Absolutely lovely looking scope, but would I be right in thinking it would suffer with dew quite quickly in the UK? Guessing your climate in Kuala Lumpur is more suitable. Hope the three months passes quickly for you.

It will only be used in the UK when i'm home. As for dew and protection of the primary, my mother has been informed that she is making me a custom shroud. for Christmas....

The other owners I have contacted have not reported excessive dew problems, so i'm hoping not. Plus there is a fan on the primary and a heater on the secondary.

Done! :icon_salut:

Thats a great price, did not realise this includes the optics as well.

Let's see what Santa brings me! :D

With the Moonlight CR2 and the scandalous exchange rate my bank forced upon me it came in at about 1050 GBP.

I'm really impressed with the portability of it, the way it just folds into like a case, you now know the words out, you have to bring it to Heaton Park in the new year.

After PSP me and my 10 year old decided that we were simply carrying too much stuff, even with a little 102 Mak. So we have embarked on a 'get everything into the boot of the car' mission. And this includes a rationlization/change of our camping gear for astro outings/events.

Also, since the addition of the RDF to our arsenal we have also concluded that Goto isn't really our bag either. Being purely observers (for now) we like the thrill of the hunt.

And finally i have to admit that i like 'nice', well engineered, well built things.

With these all in mind there was really only one option, so having raised the cash with the sale of a few other things i decided to buy rather then waiting until i changed my mind again.

And dont worry - deffo will be at Heaton Park once it starts up.

Since reading your original post, I have not stopped looking at these scopes! I'm amazed - all three models look absolutely beautiful -stunningly!

I know everybody says scope are for looking through, not at, but even my missus like the look of these.

Really hope you enjoy it:)

Oooooh, now that is cool.

Lets assume it exceeded the hand luggage weight limit, who would have the guts to hand it over to any airline? Even as a special luggage? Maybe my reluctance is a reflection of the shoddy airlines I fly with though :)

Oooooh, now that is cool.

Lets assume it exceeded the hand luggage weight limit, who would have the guts to hand it over to any airline? Even as a special luggage? Maybe my reluctance is a reflection of the shoddy airlines I fly with though :)

Ive agreed with Michael from SO to pick it up in person... so we will see ;)

Archived