Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M45 - The Pleiades

Dann

I wasn’t going to share this as it doesn’t really stand up to the many fantastic M45 images on the forum. Although I have some spare time at work today so ill throw it up.

I found this really challenging to process, especially getting rid of gradient without cutting out the nebulosity but this is as good as I could get it. Coma is a problem for me, especially with larger targets but a Skywatcher coma corrector is on the shopping list :D

14 x 300sec

darks/flats/bias

Ta

post-26486-133877684968_thumb.jpg

Oh, come on, that has a real charm and sparkle to it! OK there's coma but you will get on top of that with the corrector. The cluster stars are not even slightly blown yet you have a good bit of nebulosity. More exposures would reduce the noise. We are getting used to these deep M45s but the one I posted recently had a quick 11 hours of data. You are doing well with this.

Olly

Archived