Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Triangulum Galaxy M33 MK II

Looking Up

After advice from the gurus I have shortened my subs to 5 mins from 10 and it seems to have produced a much better signal to noise ratio, it still has noise but not as much! I also increased the number of subs, again thanks to advice from the imaging gods! :) 68(of 79) x 5 mins, flats and darks subtracted, stacked in dss and processed in PI. I am tempted to add another 30 or so before I move on to another target just to see if it helps with the noise. But I'm itching to capture some of the wispy stuff surrounding Pleiades stars!

post-24630-133877681838_thumb.jpg

Hi.Thats a lovely image there,of a somewhat difficult target.

Could you let me know your exposure details for the LRGB Values.

Why would shorter exposures work better than longer ones.

It obviously has,but i,m a bit perplexed by that.

Any info much appreciated.

Mick.

Thanks for your kind comments all of you! Mick, I just use 5 min subs on my Canon 40D not a mono camera, with many more subs and half the time = much less noise but similar signal levels. Carole, thanks for the advice on sub length, I don't have dark skies as I image from a largish town and have to use a CLS clip in filter, which is not ideal, but not as bad as London.....

Archived