Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

PSP visit this weekend

oshb5

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi George he spells his name Brierley(he's my observing buddy),

I'm the 'Meteorite Guy' that was at PSP, don't know whether you ventured over for a look at my space debris, but many did, I was next to Moonshane I think.

Yeah! You showed me a piece of Mars when Paul had his meteorite scanner out on the first night. I also had a look through your solar scope on the 2nd day. I was the young boy, glasses, gray tracksuit bottoms. There was quite a crowd so I didn't get chance to see you meteorite's.

Hi Starstrike,

Just wanted to thank you for your time and very interesting meteorite stories, they were fascinating. I must admit my favourite was the metal one shaped into a point during its entry into the atmosphere.

I also sneaked a peak through your PST (probably when you weren't looking, sorry :-)) and thought it was amazing. Enough to have me thinking how I can afford to get one (or what I can sell to get there!)

Thanks again

Stu

Maybe another time George, but glad you had a chance with the PST that was one active Sun on Saturday.

Thanks for letting me have a look by the way! The solar flares were amazing. That would definitely be a future investment. I noticed you had it on a Synscan hand set. Whet RFID you purchase that? I was thinking about getting a 250p auto (for the one I've got). I do say that handset on the PST, what's he point? Im guessing that's for the tracking. By the way does Paul, the Marshall, have an SGL account or contact email. He was very nice to me and I would always like to keep in touch.

Great, thanks. Will try to raise some funds and see what I can get. Look out for some bits for sale :-)

Are the new ones any better? Says something about improved contrast on the websites

Stu

Hi George the mount with handset is from a Celestron Nexstar SLT setup(came with a 60mm scope) I bought it on Astrobuysell for a song, I was after the mount and handset. It was able to track the Sun once set up and levelled, unfortunately I dropped it and it's screen stopped working so now I just use it to keep the Sun in the eyepiece. I'll have to fix it or find another handset.

You will find PaulB on UKAI on PSP threads at the moment.

Stu I have no experience of the latest PST so I cannot help you here, but I am sure someone on this forum will have some. My version is the second type with a blue tinge to the objective. I found the cemax 10mm eyepiece(which is optimised for the scope) to be superb, that is the one you looked through,but others swear by their own favourite eyepieces.

Thanks for letting me have a look by the way! The solar flares were amazing. That would definitely be a future investment. I noticed you had it on a Synscan hand set. Whet RFID you purchase that? I was thinking about getting a 250p auto (for the one I've got). I do say that handset on the PST, what's he point? Im guessing that's for the tracking. By the way does Paul, the Marshall, have an SGL account or contact email. He was very nice to me and I would always like to keep in touch.

Ignore the last post. Many spell checks that were automatic an indeed wrong! :D

Archived