Xmas Present

Revelation do an EP kit that comes with a couple of added extra's that you will need further down the line if you want to do any imaging. Generally this EP kit is regarded as the best by many many people. I'll do a search and post a link. I think FLO sell it.

Here you are:

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/eyepiece-sets/revelation-photo-visual-eyepiece-kit.html

All of the EP's are of a good size that you WILL use. No silly 4mm EP included. A Moon filter is included.............always nice when the moon is nearing full or full (cuts out the brightness and shows more detail). It also includes the T adapter for hooking up a cam to your scope to do some imaging.

You could also buy a SkyWatcher Light Pollution Filter for about £30. I have one and it works amazingly well.

Dont worry about the colour filters in any EP kit. The chances are you will try them and never use them again. A red light torch is good but it means you only have 1 hand to use. A better alternative is a red LED head torch...........which can be bought from most DIY stores for less then a tenner. It means you can work with both hands.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My telescope only came with a 28mm eyepiece so I bought a celestron kit second hand. So far its been great because it has let me see Jupiter up close and the Moon at different mags and let me work out what eyepieces suit my type of viewing. So now planning ahead I know what eyepiece I will be saving for next and have a really convenient case to store everything in. Tonight was my first time using a newly aquired baader uhc s filter and I love it! Already my kit is growing.

I would say getting a kit is a great way to start as it costs the same as a really good eyepiece you might never use and once you have built up your ideal kit you wont have any trouble selling it on to another newbie.

I kind of wished that I hadn't bought a Revelation kit. Not that the kit is that bad but the money could have been spent on one good £100 eyepiece. As I have bought 4 more quality eyepieces, I do not use the kit.

Having said that the reason I bought the kit was to establish which eyepieces I like using but the answer is a range of them but do not expect too high magnification.

Simon :D

I have a rev kit and televues, yes thry dont get used all that much but they are better in my pst than my others. There is bound to be a night i want to observe with children or something and dont want to risk a 400+ eyepiece so to me the kit plossls are almost disposable, finger prints and dropped.. who cares ;-)

Sent from my A101IT using Tapatalk

Just bought a Revelation kit. For the money it's very good value. The ep s are the same as the Meade 4000 series apparently. As for the filters: it has a moon filter, very good; colour filters interesting results on Jupiter.

I suppose it depends on expectations. I wasn't expecting super quality for £120, but I was suprised at how good they are, and Ive seen for myself which sizes I like for minimal outlay.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk.

Skywatcher 130. 9mm 12mm 15mm 20mm 32mm revelation eps. Meade 10 x 50 bins.

Archived