Getting Started

Sasquatch

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi and welcome to the forum, as for books I can recommend two- Turn Left at Orion and the 'Illustrated guide to Astronomical Wonders' both excellent reading, as for budget equipment hmmm that is such a hard question to answer as everyone has a different opinion, if possible try to find a Society or a Star Party and see what equipment suits your present needs.

hi and welcome get to your local library and check some books out, thats what i do if my libary does not have them i ask them to get them for me its a great way to check books out,if you have a low budget ,then save some more nothing worse than getting a small scope only to find the week after you wanted the bigger one the stars are not going any where

Hi Sasquatch and welcome to SGL, if you are completely new to Astronomy, one book to look out for is The Backyard Astronomers Guide by Dickinson and Dyer also Night Watch by the same Terrance Dickinson, you will also find that sage old advice is to obtain a pair of bins before you dash into purchasing a telescope, you may well also receive much helpful advice from the forum, but the golden rule is do not rush, but take matters at a gentle pace until you generally understand them :D

Archived