Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I've got my eye on this scope...

CJBooth

I think I might call the ring nebula a success and call it a night. I found my secondary mirror covered in dew... How anybody (stockist) could tell me this scope doesn't need a dew shield is beyond me!

So that's an shroud and a dew shield on the shopping list. FLO to the rescue!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

scope looks very nice.

as for the shroud and dew shield, it my keep dew of for a while but don`t think it`ll keep it off for good, i stuggled big time last night and my dew band was on maximum power, even the eyepieces and diagonal where fogging up, when i packed up and brought the scope in doors the mirror was half covered in a light dew, too much damp weather about

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

I'm in a similar predicament at the minute, also interested in eventually trying out astrophotography. But then I discovered that a good motor for astrophotography can cost £500+ !

At the minute i am leaning towards a Skywatcher 200P with EQ5 but i'm also intrigued by the Dobsonians as you get more light for your money....

decisions decisions!

Melissa

IF we get a clear night and we go down the dark site come and have a look at whats on offer, that way you can see what direction you might want to go.

Have a look through some scopes and get a feel for how easy you would be with handling it, a 12" dob weighs about 40kg all in, but it can be separated for transport. It's also a fairly large bit of kit, so might make a nice feature in the corner of the Lounge.

Let us know what budget you have, Iam sure we can give you some ideas for spending your money.

Archived