Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Slight change to Buy/Sell sections

My only comment is that occassionally PMs do go missing somehow. I've seen a fair few ads of the PM'd -> PM not received variety and now there is no way for the seller to know if that's happened. I guess it will just rely on the buyer sending another PM if they get no response from the seller... but of course it may have been sold to someone else in the meantime...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are the mods gathering traffic stats going through the sale section? I was wondering if the adverts have declined or whether the visits have declined due to open comments or questions on open sale 'forum' has put people off, asking questions in an open forum can I think make the seller more open to honest answers and descriptions, cross examination so to speak..

I still think its safer than A B & S because you have at least the PM and sellers post history to give you a gut feeling..

Just my thoughts..

The traffic will naturally be less now cos there's no discussion in the threads - it's all done via pm. I haven't noticed any dropping off in the number of adverts - there's still 1-2 pages full of very recent stuff up for grabs. I regularly look in there to remove completions and that hasn't slackened off either :)

Are the mods gathering traffic stats going through the sale section? I was wondering if the adverts have declined or whether the visits have declined due to open comments or questions on open sale 'forum' has put people off, asking questions in an open forum can I think make the seller more open to honest answers and descriptions, cross examination so to speak..

I still think its safer than A B & S because you have at least the PM and sellers post history to give you a gut feeling..

Just my thoughts..

Nope not looking at any stats.

Cheers

Ant

It's harder now to see item updates and such. Userfriendly wise its gone down now :)

And also I enjoyed reading people feedback and such. Now bit lacking it.

I would agree and also it now means the seller gets bombarded with PM's were as before people would see some replies and not bother to go after the item. I guess with all changes there are pro's and con's it just takes a while to get used.

Archived