NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Buying and Selling

datman

Hi

As a relatively new member I am curious to know why members must post x 50 before being allowed to see buying & selling. I would be interested but am reluctant to go on a posting frenzy just to log 50 posts!

Anyone one know why?

Hi

As a relatively new member I am curious to know why members must post x 50 before being allowed to see buying & selling. I would be interested but am reluctant to go on a posting frenzy just to log 50 posts!

Anyone one know why?

I'll let a mod give the full reasoning - but you don't need to go on a frenzy to hit 50 posts. Just join in the conversation and it happens all by itself!

Hi Datman - it's explained in the CoC but, for your convenience, it's to slow down traders so we get chance to stop them selling stuff they got cheap from elswhere at a profit to our members.

It also stops them buying good stuff from our members only to sell for profit on other sites. For your protection really and to prevent our members from being exploited for profit :)

Thanks Brantuk, being a new member I had also had the same thoughts as Datman. Has any body thought of actually having a Trader's section in ""The Lounge""; they could be encouraged to offer members discounts and at the same time get good feedback from members.

Thanks Brantuk, being a new member I had also had the same thoughts as Datman. Has any body thought of actually having a Trader's section in ""The Lounge""; they could be encouraged to offer members discounts and at the same time get good feedback from members.

We don't need no traders when we got our magnificent site sponsor :)

(I have in no way been paid to make this comment, however any Megrez's that happen to fall my way would be much appreciated :) )

We don't need no traders when we got our magnificent site sponsor :)

(I have in no way been paid to make this comment, however any Megrez's that happen to fall my way would be much appreciated :happy1: )

Yes I agree also! FLO have provided this lovely forum and provide a great service too :) (spare HEQ5 would be nice hint hint)

No seriously. I thought the same too when I joined but it works and the mods make sure it does so long may it continue.

Cheers

I quite like the 50 post rule and one months active membership because apart from it acting as a control for traders, I rather like the idea that people join, ask questions, share their knowledge and in return help others which is really what any 'community' is about. I would like to think that people want to participate on here because it's interesting rather than because it can offer a bargain.

James

I quite like the 50 post rule and one months active membership because apart from it acting as a control for traders, I rather like the idea that people join, ask questions, share their knowledge and in return help others which is really what any 'community' is about. I would like to think that people want to participate on here because it's interesting rather than because it can offer a bargain.

James

Hear hear,well said!

James

well put mate:)

That was my first decent planetary image :) I had no idea how I did it, but I was chuffed to bits :)

Helen

Hi

Mine is my first attempt at Saturn, I was not overjoyed with it but it's my best so far. I like your image better, I would have been very pleased with that one.

Now where did Saturn go? Ah it's turned into Jupiter :-)

I stumbled across this forum after searching the net for something closer to home after being a member of a USA based forum for a while and my I say what a breath of fresh air it was. I'd also purchased some items from FLO and also didn't notice they were sponsors of the forum for ages!

• 1 month later...

Archived