Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Help: QHY8 T2 to 48mm skywatcher 80ed reducer

David010167

Hi, I have just picked up a QHY8 to try insteed of my Canon 1000d.

My setup is the Skywatcher 80ed with the matched skywatcher focal reducer. The reducer has a 48mm thread and the Qhy8 has a T2.

I need to add about 34mm between the QHY8 and the reducer. I believe the QHY8 distance from sensor is 21mm and the reducer needs 55mm, so I need to both join the camera to the reducer with an adapter and add 34mm.

Does anyone know if there is an adapter for the skywatcher 48mm to T2 and then what would be the best way of adding the missing distance, I am guessing T2 tubes like the baader ones?

All help appreciated for new adventure :)

regards

David

Hi, I have just picked up a QHY8 to try insteed of my Canon 1000d.

My setup is the Skywatcher 80ed with the matched skywatcher focal reducer. The reducer has a 48mm thread and the Qhy8 has a T2.

I need to add about 34mm between the QHY8 and the reducer. I believe the QHY8 distance from sensor is 21mm and the reducer needs 55mm, so I need to both join the camera to the reducer with an adapter and add 34mm.

Does anyone know if there is an adapter for the skywatcher 48mm to T2 and then what would be the best way of adding the missing distance, I am guessing T2 tubes like the baader ones?

All help appreciated for new adventure :)

regards

David

QHY spacings given here - (scroll down a bit) - qhyccd.com

• 1 year later...

What did you get in the end?

I've got the same set-up and am looking for the right extension.

So far I've found the TS adapter which adds 3.5mm and a 30mm 2" extension tube. That, combined with the 21mm of the QHY8L should bring me up to 54.5mm. I guess that would be good enough?

I thought about getting the Baader Varilock, but it seems to me like another possible source of flex.

Archived