Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC1795/NGC896 - Part of the Heart Nebula

James

After a long period with virtually no imaging possible, like everyone else, I've had several nights recently!

I can't believe just how much great stuff is in or near Cassiopeia to image and the Heart and Soul Nebula's are a classic example but as I don't have a particularly wide field of view I thought I'd pick on a little part of it, IC1795 (which effectively incorporates NGC896) which is a small offshoot to the top right of the Heart Nebula. I've attached a picture showing where this is (the picture was originally SteveL's image here)

This is an Ha only image although I do have some OIII which I'll add to the mix in the next few days :)

Mount: HEQ5 Syntrek via EQMac

OTA: WO FLT98 @ f/5.3

Guiding: SX OAG + SX Lodestar + PhD

Imaging: WO AFR IV x0.85, Starlight Xpress H9 + Nebulosity, Baader Narrowband filters in an SX Filterwheel

16x 10min subs Ha

Processed using PixInsight

Criticism welcome...

james-albums-visual-observers-foray-into-dark-side-picture13828-ic1795-ngc896-part-heart-nebula-cassiopeia-16x-10-min-ha.jpg

post-13295-133877672513_thumb.jpg

post-13295-133877672527_thumb.jpg

I think you should mosaic the full area :) Shouldn't take to long.

:) It'd take about 5-6 years I reckon :(

Get loads of OIII and SII .... I did this a little while ago in nb and it glows!

http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-...ic1795-nb.html

It was your image that made me think of this target - I will definitely be getting more data, the OII is mostly there but the SII will no doubt take a while!

James

... you have resisted there temptation to cut back too far on the brightness of the background

Thank you Steve - the temptation was very strong. It was only at the last minute that I tweaked it back again. I picked up a smidgen more noise doing so but I think it was worth it.

James

I've now added in some OIII data. The OIII data was a tad noisy and I think I'll need to cut back slightly on the processing to reduce the noise and I'll need to adjust my star mask to cover the bits around the bright stars but otherwise; here's the same image but with Ha mapped to Red and OIII mapped to both Green and Blue.

16x 10min Ha

20x 10min OIII

I'm itching now to get some SII :)

James

james-albums-visual-observers-foray-into-dark-side-picture13843-ic1795-ngc896-wip-haoiiioiii.jpg

Archived