Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

october 1st meeting at blaenavon!

garethmob

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weather check. Fantastic lol

All metchexk and met office all say clear sky's but there may be a hint of cloud. As iv been driving around I have noticed a bit hazy (ican assume dust) but hopefully will clear. It still will be clear though!!!

I'll give u a txt taffy when I'm near just to warn every one I don't wanna mess any subs as I said.

Sent from my Now working iPhone using Tapatalk

Bleanavon is a cracking site with the night sky on full show ,it was great to meet the guys,not very happy i had to come home my cancer was playing up big time,cant wait to go there again even if its just to chat,A big thanks for putting my gear away guys:headbang:......kev

I'd just like to thank all the attendees for letting me ask some questions and check out their scopes.

Still no idea which one to get!! but

it was good to put some faces to forum names!

I'll second that. Real friendly bunch who are all too happy to help, and show off their fabulous equipment. :)

I didn't feel so bad about having my teeny tiny 5" next to that gargantuan dob by the end of the night. :p

Excellant night last night, Big thanks to Gaz and Taffy for organising it all.

Nice to put faces to names.

First 30 minutes of my time was showing passers bye the moon, which i was trying to film before it went down... Did not get a shot of it, but 4 people went away happy and impressed at there first close up of the moon.

Once again a great night

Next meet im gonna bring one of my sadles lol,your more than welcome david,ive been using my cam on the sun today but havnt looked at the captures yet,but........the most important thing for the solar observer...........sun block (ive burnt my face lol),anyway thanks too everyone who came last night and lets hope every session we share together is that good.

Thanks for the PST Gaz its AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!

It did help,i would have burnt all my face otherwise lol,the pst is brilliant,its amazing to watch how active the sun is,i need to get a good goto/tracking mount.I was going to go to the bottom site tonight gaz but the forecast isnt brilliant.

Looks like you guys had a cracking night, well done to you all and sorry i could'nt make it.

It was my weekend with the kids and as the weather was so good went to my 2nd hobby of boating, so had the weekend in St Davids.

But a bit of a result, my brother in-law runs a outdoors kinda centre on his land, he has a large barn which is kitted out with bunks, showers and cooking areas and after a little chat is looking into astronomy groups, the site is very dark with great views of the milky way, should be a good holiday site summer or winter.

The location is 10mins from St Davids with the nearest street light in Ireland!!

Archived