NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

october 1st meeting at blaenavon!

garethmob

hey guys

iv copied this from the other post

affy_2 has graciously said he will help provide weather updates for the day just in case i am stuck in work (and i dont go as far as blaenavon any other weather updates around the valleys will be helpfull too

the site is in blaenavon its near some radio / tv masts

the location is here

+51° 47' 25.57", -3° 4' 10.74" (this may show a orange arrow, pan the screen to the right or zoom out and the location has a green arrow)

South Wales Astro SGL sites - Google Maps

it was also suggested that we meet up in brynmarw ASDA in case of not being able to find the site, if enough people agree we shall do that (as asda is 10 minuits away roughly)

hopefully this meeting will be clear skys! so fingers crossed

as usual i will post weather updates of the area (taffy_2 will do closer to the site) and any one else with radar will be welcomed

please post if your able to come or not, i'll compile a list so we know how many and who to expect

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I should be there, also for educational purposes! Lets hope the weather holds this time.

I was also wondering if it'd be worth having a megathread of sorts for each of the most popular dark sites rather than individual threads for the same site each time.

thats cardiff's astronomitical socitity's sites, i used to be a member of usk astronomicial socitity (still am when i get thursdays off work), theres some lovley sites over usk way, but it is quite far to travel from here.

the main reason why i didnt contunue the other thread is mainly thas how its always been done,

if every ones in favour on a big thread per site just pm me or post a thread here, (id rather keep this just for the meeting for the time being so it dosent fill with off topic things)

its the day we decided should be choosen :) hopefully it will be as good as the rest

i may be there a little later, as a guy has phoned in sick all week so i may have to do a later run but heres hoping i dont

i think its best from 7 - 8 onwards as it then goes stupidly dark quickly

Noo tha should be ok. I think we decided on from about 7 onwards as it gets really dark around 8. It's up to you if u want to meet at the site or Asda as it is quite litterly off the beaten track.

Sent from my Now working iPhone using Tapatalk

It's brynmarw Asda. I'm on my phone ATM so I can't check properly but I think it is If we say we meet near the to end of the car park near to where the home shopping vans are kept (the part closest to the main road)

Sent from my Now working iPhone using Tapatalk

heres the address of asda

Brynmawr Superstore

Lakeside Retail Park - Nantyglow

Ebbw Vale

NP23 4SL

Archived