Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SkyWatcher 6" dob

Nexus 6

This has to be the best bit of kit I have bought, if only due to the price £65. ;)

bought from allowen down at Lands End.

Thanks again Alister :glasses2:

Sorry about the poor pic, I have no where to put it except the kitchen for a few days.

If I don't re-house it the missis is going to whack me with it! :rolleyes:

Sale of the century Alan. Congrats on the great buy. I saw one of these the other week in the Space center Leicester and consider that it could be used as a grab and go scope. I know some might consider it a little large for a grab and go but when ever I go to dark skies with just a pair of bins or a 127 MAK I always come home regretting I didn't take something bigger. At £65 it's not like I'd be crying over the odd scratch here and there through dragging it around in the boot everywhere I go :p

No funds at the moment since i'm between jobs :eek:

Despite that, i still torture myself daily by browsing FLO and this site lol

I guess i'm just planning ahead, and who knows, maybe the missus will check my browsing history and i'l get lucky at christmas ;)

Aaa I see, well I do hope you get a scope soon.

Be careful once you have got 50 posts and a months membership as you will gain access to the for sale section which can be a temptation and costly. :p

No funds at the moment since i'm between jobs ;)

Despite that, i still torture myself daily by browsing FLO and this site lol

I guess i'm just planning ahead, and who knows, maybe the missus will check my browsing history and i'l get lucky at christmas :p

You need to get yourself searching on line for a local astronomy society. Most clubs have one or two scopes for members to look through at meets and after a while some will allow trusted members to take scopes home between club nights. You will have a join fee and have to pay each visit but it's cheaper than buying a new scope and at least you would get some observing experience to decide if it's for you or not. Even when the clouds are over there's usually talks on that give a deeper understanding of what your actually looking at. I know how hard it is when your short on cash. I'm a full time dad so I don't have a regular income and most of my equipment was paid for by selling off stuff I had accumulated over the years while working. Thankfully for me some of my stuff included a 200K so I have been able to get out under the stars. It may also pay to find a local car boot sale. You may be able to pick up a cheap pair of binoculars ? there was one member on here that picked up a rare Vixen refractor for like £20 (is worth £200) from a car boot so it may be worth the time to have a look.

Some great advice spaceboy, thanks. :p

I've been having a look around for local clubs, though to be honest i wasn't really in any rush to arrange anything because of the weather lately. Very good point on the car boots though, even a pair of binos would be a vast improvement on what i have now, and would get me out there and learning my way around the sky at least.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived