Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Welcome

jasonp

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was up at Ashridge woods over the weekend, next to the visitor centre they have a large open field which in my opinion would be pretty perfect for an observing session. the site is raised above surrounding villages. also the surrounding trees should help block out any LP without obstructing viewing, just an idea

Sounds good. I'm waiting on Pat Redman at Dunstable Downs and will chase this week as she has just returned from leave.

Hi

Would this site be where the tea room building is next to the car park.? Or left of the entrance to the car park your think of having the meeting.?

: Andy.

Hi

Despite having called / emailed Pat Redman and other people at Dunstable Downs I have not yet heard anything so can't tell you where the potential site will be. Not having been to the site I don't actually have personal knowledge so are relying on group members to provide that info.

I will chase until the end of October and then have a rethink about this particualr site as it looks like my contact attempts are being ignored / avoided.

Hello

There is a road (B4541) which runs up the hill behind the visitor's centre from Dunstable which although isn't what you'd call busy, it does get a steady stream of cars at night. I only know because I've been up there with my bins a couple of times and the passing cars are an annoyance after a while. Picking the right spot will be important.

Garry

Dunstable Downs - Pat Redman response:

Hello John

Thank you for your email, I apologise for not replying sooner but I have been on leave.

Regarding opening the centre in the evening for your event, unfortunately we are unable to do this at the present time due to resources. Our winter hours from 31st October are 10am -4pm so there would be no staff on site after 5pm and during the Winter months the car parks close at 5.30pm. However we could review this in the New Year for a possible trial from April when our opening hours are longer and the weather would hopefully be better.

Please do not hesitate to ring me if you wish to discuss this further for 2012

Regards

Pat

• 3 weeks later...

I live all the way up near Buckingham so Luton's a bit far for me, sobs. But if you plan on a weekend star party then that would be OK, but I couldn't just drop in for an evening do.

Do you have any plans for something up my way?

I've just got the kit to do autoguiding and would love someone to show me. It will save me hours of frustration I'm sure!

Alex

Hi. We are struggling to find an area down this way

However if there is dark sites your way then we couod always arrange a weekend trip I'm sure.

Its just arranging these things takes so much time and endless research :)

Archived