Solar mosaic in H-a 20/09/11

Photosbykev

20 panels of 30 second videos processed through Registax6 and merged in Autopano Giga2 and finished in Photoshop. I think I'll push this through PI DBE and see if I can flatten the central region a bit

Solar imaging is almost as frustrating as astro photography lol I was watching the activity in the centre of the disk but after only 20 short videos high hazy clouds stopped any more imaging. The activity can be seen on the Gong Ha network.

mosaic-20110920123411.jpg

Would you mind not putting the Earth so close to the Sun please?

Frankly, it scares me lol

Curious, HOW do you know it is to scale? :)

The sun is approx 108 times the diameter of the earth so it is easy to measure the diameter of the sun in pixels and then scale a copy of the earth to put it in the image

Lookin' good Kev. I'm curious, what is the gradient you're getting across the centre of the mosaic? Do you have an unprocessed version of the mosaic you could post I could have a look at?

:)

only the first image posted Mark. The central region was a bit too over exposed for my liking. As I'm only shooting one set of images it's a bit of a compromise to get the surface detail as well as the prominences.

Ahhhh, you're shooting these as 'one shots'. Must say these big bright active regions we're having of late mean if you don't want to clip them then the brightness of the proms suffers... It's a balancing act...

Ahhhh, you're shooting these as 'one shots'. Must say these big bright active regions we're having of late mean if you don't want to clip them then the brightness of the proms suffers... It's a balancing act...
It would be a pleasant surprise with the current weather to have the time to shoot two sets lol. I'm always playing hide and seek with the clouds. Pushing the gamma up from 100 to around 130 gives me a bit of leeway.

Archived