IC1396 revisited.

ollypenrice

An older image from the Tak FSQ85ED at 328mm but with a lttle extra RGB added for noise reduction and, more significantly, my recent higher res data for the Elephant Trunk part blended in. (Altair115 and TEC140) It doesn't add much at this scale but seen fullsize it's worth having. This is HaLRGB.

Image resizing and aligning in the mighty Registar.

Olly

Full; http://ollypenrice.smugmug.com/Other/Nebulae-and-clusters/9252249_fgpT2j#1470288102_2cGzMCH-X3-LB

IC1396-COMPOSITEss-XL.jpg

Agreed. Registar is the tool of choice for combining focal lengths, field curvatures and pixel sizes. It laughs at all these problems and knocks out a result in about five seconds. If you are only wanting to get long FL data to boost a widefield image you really need only obtain very mediochre data to make a big improvement, too.

In this pic the original trunk looked a little elusive and as it's a feature which draws the eye I was glad to tighten it up. (You'll notice that I'm on best behaviour when it comes to not developing the earlier line of innuendo!)

Olly

Archived