Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

LBN 468 & PV Cephei - DSO **changes** in 10 months

Boren

Hi guys,

Here's an effort made earlier this year – in May.

It was the first time that this object was high enough to shoot, and after waiting for it throughout the winter, I used the first opportunity available.

I actually shot it from the highest point in the Israeli Negev desert – though I had some inexplicable gradients sneak in, seeing and transparency were just PERFECT.

Finally, upon comparing this image to the one I shot back in Aug. last year, the shape of PV Cephei had CLEARLY changed, and the very focused beam of last year has given way to only the broader part of the jet this year… To me, it's really breathtaking to see changes in a DSO take place over the course of less than one year…

Here's the new image (Powernewt and 8300M w/Astrodon Gen II filters):

http://www.pbase.com/boren/image/137767256/original

… and here's last year's (still shot with my old 8300C):

http://www.pbase.com/boren/image/128919087/original

I hope you enjoy it, and any comments are – as always – very, very welcome.

Cheers,

Harel :)

post-20443-133877658308_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys,

Yes, of course - I will create a 4 sided image including the 2 jpegs and two of the LUM stacked images - and publish it so that the differences will be clear to the eye.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,

Harel

Fantastic shot Harel,

You are one of the true masters in bringing out that brownish dust in there. That's something I still have to learn in processing.

Looking forward to your 4-sided image pointing out the changes, as I couldn't find that area of interest on my own.

Regards Tim

Archived