SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Adding comets, asteroids and small bodies to Stellarium.

JB80

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi , i done this to my stellerium the other day after asking about it,   there is also another site which is good and that's http://heavens-above.com/   where you can get times and the brightness of  satellites and iss  just go to database  type in your area, then click on  show map then submit , then you can check out the orbits it also shows iridium flares............. the only thing i haven't checked out is , that the iss is given a different time on each one , so need to see which one is more accurate

hi , i done this to my stellerium the other day after asking about it,   there is also another site which is good and that's http://heavens-above.com/   where you can get times and the brightness of  satellites and iss  just go to database  type in your area, then click on  show map then submit , then you can check out the orbits it also shows iridium flares............. the only thing i haven't checked out is , that the iss is given a different time on each one , so need to see which one is more accurate

just re checked the times the same now so not sure which one updated

• 1 month later...

No worries, I'm glad this has been of help to people especially now with ISON and Lovejoy making there appearance.

Hi. How about adding objects to Stellarium Mobile? Im using it on  Nokia N900 with Linux/Maemo. It would be great if somebody could help me with that.

This is a good question, mainly because I don't have stellarium on the mobile. I'd be curious to know too.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks for this. I was able to get the latest asteroid into Stellarium, even without truly knowing what I was doing. If the seeing is good on the 19th, I may stand a chance of seeing it. I'll at least know where to look!

Archived