Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter 22.8.11 C11 1st effort

AztecastroMcJ

finally between clouds i got an attempt at Jupiter with new scope, :)

not as much detail as i was hoping for, and lots of things annoying me at min, but bound to take a while getting use to new scope,

still uncollimated aswell :icon_scratch: feel like a noob all over again

condition 6-7/10

used 2.5x barlow to give f/25 (7m focal length)

captured with craterlet 10fps, 1/30 sec expo, 50% gain, 150 sec

castrator, stacked 1000/1500 reg6, gimp to finish

1st 2 pics are at 100%,

3rd pic was reduced slightly to 87.5% capture size

James

post-16858-133877650733_thumb.jpg

post-16858-133877650737_thumb.jpg

post-16858-13387765074_thumb.jpg

H i James Congrats on the new scope is it a brand new chinease model ? if you want more detail consistently you may have to go to 10 Meters, and with a better camera. Thats not to say you wont do better as is, because jupiter will improve itself, so might seeing conditions. but im talking resolution and detail and noise control, all of which if you have the scope. which you now do. is Focal length seeing and camera related. thats my take i may be wrong. But look at what Riklaunam does with the basler. Its anoying i know if your like me, and its hard to afford nice equipment. But its a reasonable start. when transparency is good try 10 meters with the spc

yeh many thx Neil, not sure if chinese ? it has fastar so its newer model and was bought brand new from Harrisons for £1549 with cg5gt mount

are the newer models chinese then ?

new cam is def top of large list of add ons

would prob go mono tho aswell so need extra money for filters, filterwheel etc

could do with upgrading focuser and getting few other things aswell prob end up spending more than scope and mount eventually

thanks for tips regarding power still have few barlows x3 and x4image mate so hopefully try them at some point, Mars should be gud for x4 i reckon

another reason for new cam :)

Congrats on your new C11 James and what a bargain ! From what I have seen all the Celestron SCT range offer first rate optics and value for money.

These are great first light images and would recommend the DBK21 osc to provide the next step up without the costs etc. of filters.

Bobs knobs to aid collimation and I am sure that you will soon love your new big scope.

regards,

Alan

Archived