Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

4 sum Wanted in Essex area

Essex Stargazer

:icon_scratch:

Now I have your attention its not what you may think

The idea behind this post is to find 4 keen like minded Astronomers

can be experienced , intermediate or beginner ( like me )

To form a small group ,

Do some research re dark sky sites in Essex hopefully with elevation , and see if we can gain permission to use the site

Then as a group attend the site and stargaze

I would only be able to do this either Friday or Saturday evenings / Nights due to work commitments

I have read it is advised not to stargaze alone for safety reasons

As a group we could all learn from each other and use each others equipment when out on site

I have a camper van big enough to seat everyone and accommodate all the equipment

So what do you think ?

If you are interested post your interest here and then pm me for contact details and perhaps we can arrange a meet up to discuss things and possibly get this off the ground :)

Thanks

Allen

Hope you get some replies - it's lots of fun and very educational to stargaze as a group. We got a group together here in the East Mids about 18mths ago and it goes from strength to strength.

When you have a critical mass of local folks you could set up a "Social Group" in the "Communities" section where you can all communicate to arrange meetings, setup social occasions, and arrange event bookings at star parties and astro conferences.

Loads of luck getting it going :)

(Edit: Swampy beat me to it lol)

Archived