Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Canon cameras - Computer control

AstroLuke

Hi everyone,

Im looking for a canon camera at the moment, and i came to wonder. When you control your camera from the computer, can you then set the camera to take 30 x 30 second exposures, or do you have to click on take image 30 times manually?

/Lukas

Agree with both above. EOS Utilities is free with the camera plus other software. As this hobby is expensive enough already use the EOS Utilities and see how you get on first, APT (I think) has a free demo download so try that too

Francis

If you use ESO Utilities to take a series of exposures you have to set three parameters a) the exposure time :) the interval time and c) the number of expsoures.

What is often not explained is that :icon_scratch: the interval time is in fact the expsoure time plus the interval time.

Therefore if lets say in your case you want to take 30 x 30 second exposures with a 15 second interval between expsoures then your setting will be a) exposure time = 30 Sec :hello2: Interval time - 45 Sec and c) number of exposures - 30

Hope this helps

I always use Nebulosity 2 for capture. You get nice FITS files right into your computer and not on the card, and it compensates for the fact that the camera has no filter. Great piece of software for close to nothing.

All the best,

Per

Archived