Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Dew controller

They're a relatively new product on the market and I've not heard a bad report about them so far - though not used one myself. There will be plenty of these available at Kelling as well as other makes. For no particular reason I use Kendrick dew controllers. :)

Humm

Strange

I just found the same one on Green Witch web site at nearly double the price :)

4-Channel Dew Controller Ref: HA-4CHDEW

• HITECASTRO

Control up to four dew heaters independently with this rugged, reliable controller from Hitec. It is compatible with Kendrick and similar dew heater tapes and has four separate controls, one for each channel.

Price: £70.46 (Including VAT at 20%)

Hi!

The Hitec Astro 4-channel dew controller works wery well for me so far :) but I havn`t used it to many nights yet. I bought mine from FLO.

I feed 3 heaters now on my Skywatcher MN190 and still have one port free on the dew-controller.

Gunnar

Humm

Strange

I just found the same one on Green Witch web site at nearly double the price :)

The one being offered at Astrodevelopments Ebay store is an earlier model. The fit, finish and spec will be lower than the one offered at Greenwhich which is a more recent model. At £40 though it is still a very good buy.

HTH,

Steve :icon_scratch:

PS: It is is due another upgrade later this month, they will be adding a DC output for powering mounts and CCD cameras, price will be around £75.

The one being offered at Astrodevelopments Ebay store is an earlier model. The fit, finish and spec will be lower than the one offered at Greenwhich which is a more recent model. At £40 though it is still a very good buy.

HTH,

Steve :)

PS: It is is due another upgrade later this month, they will be adding a DC output for powering mounts and CCD cameras, price will be around £75.

OK Steve thanks for the update ,

I have ordered one , just need to sort some dew heater straps now :icon_scratch:

Can I recommend on the dew strip question a product from America called "Dew Not" which is only available through the supplier Modern Astronomy here in the UK. What makes these straps different is that they use a gel instead of an element to transfer heat to the the scope's tube which not only makes it more efficient, but actually uses less energy whilst doing it, which will help you to observe for longer using your 12v battery supply! I have a number of these straps and they are great.

James

Can I recommend on the dew strip question a product from America called "Dew Not" which is only available through the supplier Modern Astronomy here in the UK. What makes these straps different is that they use a gel instead of an element to transfer heat to the the scope's tube which not only makes it more efficient, but actually uses less energy whilst doing it, which will help you to observe for longer using your 12v battery supply! I have a number of these straps and they are great.

James

Result then , as they are the ones I have ordered :)

Cheers

Archived