NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Saturn 26-03-07 Good(ish) seeing

Nick Smith

Hello Nick. That is a very good image. I had a peep at Saturn last night from Oxford too. In my crude instrument it looked about as clear as it has done in the past few weeks but only for a short time. By the way, do you know of any astro clubs in Oxford? Is the one in Abingdon still going?

Hello Nick. That is a very good image. I had a peep at Saturn last night from Oxford too. In my crude instrument it looked about as clear as it has done in the past few weeks but only for a short time. By the way, do you know of any astro clubs in Oxford? Is the one in Abingdon still going?

Hiya

No Astro-clubs in Oxford that I know of. The one in Abingdon is still going, but I haven't been to it since I was a kid! I should get down there one day to meet up with the local guys.

Regards

Nick

I've been trying all week to get my AVIs to do that Nick, but they won't. Mostly driver error but the seeing didn't help me. Yours is amazing, loads of detail and great colours. Wish I could do that!

Captain Chaos

Thanks CC. I reckon you could do it with your set up-the camera does not make too much difference. Just check the collimation every time you set up, or move the scope a long way on the mount, then wait for some steady sky...

Regards

Nick

Archived