NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Saturn 27th C11

CELESCOPE

Well just as i thought , i knew that it would be lacking in detail ,and no point in pushing it any further , one just has to wait , till it settles down up there and the seeing is good , but never the less , it did prove my collimation is now fine , so will keep a good eye out for a decent night ,this was 2500 frames reduced to 900 frames ,processed in levels 1/ 2/3 in registax, best i can do folks .

Rog

image.jpg

Yes Geoff it is a lovely size the C11 thats at F20 , but like you say ,wish i could have done better , but it will come , its my first Saturn for well over a year , been to busy with DSO so lost some processing skills , but saying that , the seeing is awful , even the lunar images , i usually get great skies , but lately , i would,nt even bother , really carp seeing, and like i say , if it aint good , then i,m not pointing the scope at it .cheers

Rog

I wouldn't have bothered posting that Rog., if it wasn't loads better than I got, which it is! You have to wait for the seeing as you say, but for a "to be going on with" image, it's top notch. Nowt you can do about the seeing, so hang in there and keep at it, I'm going to post a "how to do a planet for ages" in techniques when I've stopped coughing all over everything, just the job for when you get piered up.

Keep posting your carp images Rog., I've got to aspire to something, after all. :D

Captain Chaos

Archived