NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter - August 08, 2011 - 14:15:17 UTC RGB

frewi808

Lovely colour images again Freddy!

Are you noticing a significant improvement without the standard IR filter?

I've got the new 618 DFK and have since read that the installed IR filter is optimized for daytime use so not good for astrophotography....has that been an issue with you?

@Space Cowboy,

Indeed that IR656 standard seems to smeer the detail more, The IR742 gives much more detail, but you need the 618 sensor camera.

I do not have the DBK21AU618.as yet, as soon as I have it I will try it with the IR742 filter as well, I guess the detail should improve more.. Not sure yet, will see,

So you have the new DBK618 already ? It's not for sale yet in the USA here, mightbe after summer..

Freddy

I'm talking about the DFK21AU618.as Freddy :smiley: That is the cam I've just received. I've read since that the IR blocking filter on DFKs is optimized for daytime use and poor for astrophoto work. i see you've had yours removed, has it made much difference do you think? I'm just fretting I've made a mistake getting the DFK. :)

Hi Stuart,

You have the new DBK21 already with the 618 sensor ?

Wel when the IR stok filter was removed I did not see any difference, maybe there is a bit but I can not tell, Would love to get the new one so I can try the IR656 and the IR742 on them, the IR742 might not work......I'll see.

Freddy

Hi Stuart,

The DFK 21 (the new one) still has the IR stock filter, the new DBK21 does not have the IF filter, for some reason, (and I do not know why), I have it removed and have a screw on IF656 Astronomik filter.. I prefer the DBK21 with no IR fiter and screw on IR to protect the sensor from dust.

Stuart I realy do not know what is the best here.

Freddy

Archived