Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

In recent months the idea of solar viewing seems appeal as a better option as there have been a number of clear days - probably the only chance of putting a scope on a mount at the moment.

James

I haven't managed to use the scope at all this month. The only times it has been nice and clear I have been either worn out from work, or on a night out etc. Hoping August will be better.

Yeah Ditto a couple of decent sessions viewing in the last month and even then the skies were laden with moisture and the glow from the sun that does not drop far past the horizon makes things challenging at this time of the year.

I will improve :)

I usually forget about July all together.

Isn't there one of the really good meteor showers due in August? I remember watching last year. I think its the Perseids.

Yeah the 13th of August but unfortunately it coincides with a full moon...

had the scope nearly a week now

and still overcast blumming hell :)

Sorry to hear you haven't had first light yet. If astronomy teaches you anything it's patience. While the clouds rule the night skies it gives you a chance to check collimation and do any modifications. You can also practice setting your kit up in the dark with no worries of missing anything.

I have read several threads saying it was clear last night but when I went out at 23:00 there was a high level haze soon becoming a sheet of orange cloud. :)

I think I have been out 3 times in 3 months but it has been worth it when I have been out.

• 2 weeks later...

hi ya spaceboy

well we had a clearish night on wednesday night and as im pretty sure the lens is not quite true i ahd a peek at the moon

lined it up in the crosshairs and it was not to be seen in the main tube,

so a little play around with the tube ,moving it around i found it

looking through the finder the moon was a litte way off

so thinking after all the time it took to find it thought it would be rude not to take a longer peek

was taken back by the view and how clear the scope was showing it with a 2x barlow

have now got a Laser Collimator on its way

so in all a pretty good night

Archived