Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What the ???

CELESCOPE

I cant beleive this , looked out at 7.45 . whoo hooo CLEAR AS A BELL , all excited, lets slaughter Saturn i thought, came in ,went to the little boys room , gathered up a few things , shoes on ,coat on , ole faithfull observing Hat on ,Glasses. choc bar , , grabbed the keys for the Obs , and out i went , looked up , Gordon Bennet ****** clouded all over , in just 10 minutes the sky had turned from a jewel box , to a murkey grey , i reckon someone up ther dont like me ,

((sulks))

Rog

If it's any consolation it did the same up here in the Lakes. - Lovely all day, clear skies, short sleave shirt weather & on th drive home clouded right over. Sky God's way of telling you to open a bottle!

Rog - you're not alone. The sky don't like me either, I must have done the same as you on at least three occasions during the last week.

It's a frustrating hobby in the cloudy UK that's for sure. I haven't managed a decent night with the scope since the Total Eclipse of the Moon !

:)

MD

Hi Rog,

I know, I know, sometimes your'e convinced its personal, Kindly 'Old Mother Nature' is a grumpy old cow who does not like astronomers! but, Verily I say unto you 'and this too shall pass' Know exacly how you feel :)

Cheers Frank

I've done something similar. Set up under a clear sky. Spent some time observing things in the east and got rained on. Hadn't noticed the bank of cloud coming in from the West! DOH!

Ant

Archived