SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

HEAT WAVE YEAH RIGHT

robbie c

I'v read that the met office has said we are going to get a heat wave this coming week it will be dry and warm for the next few days with temperatures set to hit 26 by wednesday

yeah right I'll believe it when it happens:icon_rolleyes:

I'v read that the met office has said we are going to get a heat wave this coming week it will be dry and warm for the next few days with temperatures set to hit 26 by wednesday

I wouldn't pay too much attention to that, personally. It might get warmer (or not) but their 5 day forecast only has a < 40% chance of being right for the next day. Recently it been right on day 5 - with "today" being day 1 - just once in the past month. Which is quite amazing when you realise that in the last 30 days they have only forecast 7 different types of weather. Random chance would have been "lucky" 4 times!

I wouldn't pay too much attention to that, personally. It might get warmer (or not) but their 5 day forecast only has a < 40% chance of being right for the next day. Recently it been right on day 5 - with "today" being day 1 - just once in the past month. Which is quite amazing when you realise that in the last 30 days they have only forecast 7 different types of weather. Random chance would have been "lucky" 4 times!

That's why I only believe what I see with my eyes

Yeah... I've heard that the 45c temps hitting the US at the moment will be coming our way, although by the time the warm air hits the UK it will be a lot cooler, but still 30c - 32c....

All I know is it was that cold last night I popped the central heating back on... and it's July !!!

THe warm air from USA will hit the UK? Laws of physics suggest it will be picking up a lot of water vapor as it drifts over the atlantic...

That's what I thought.... most of the time when we get heat waves it's due to warm air coming from the continent not the US...It was hearsay :)

Archived