SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Starparty @ Kelling in September

Kai

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My plans to go to Kielder this month were scuppered at the last minute although I guess I didn't miss any observing :). I've booked to go to Kelling in April so I'll see how that goes. My wife is expecting baby number 2 at the end of September so I may be forbidden to leave Somersetfrom September 1st onwards...

One day I'll make it to a star party!!

• 4 weeks later...

Pitch 331 booked for me :D

Nice one Daz! :p

How did you pull that off? Perhaps Kelling Heath reception took one look at me when I asked and thought "We'll stick him at the edge somewhere..."

My wife has confirmed my non-attendance at the autumn event but has tentatively agreed that I can go to next years spring one. :D.

After my trip to Kelling last weekend, and having the best sky I`ve seen when the fog finally lifted (normally view from my back garden), I'll definitely be back in the Autumn, although next time I might try to bring a slightly larger car than my Ford Ka to stuff all the gear into :D )

I was the quiet non-social one on pitch 337 (worlds largest pitch with the world smallest car) on the Saturday. As it was my first star party, and the first time I have been out under a really dark sky, I spent more time at my scope, and less time talking to other attendees.

I was the quiet non-social one on pitch 337 (worlds largest pitch with the world smallest car) on the Saturday. As it was my first star party, and the first time I have been out under a really dark sky, I spent more time at my scope, and less time talking to other attendees.

Quite right. My first one was the same! Hope you'll be more sociable in Sept?? :D

Where abouts is Kelling Heath exactly?

Seen it advertised on the Widescreen Centre website.

Kielder is miles away for me :? although I can imagine its brilliant, walked through it once.

En route to Cromer, about 10 miles away from it

Just a toe in the water to see if anybody else is planning on going to this one. ??

Been a couple of time before, so its quite likely I'll go again in September. Probably just for the day on Saturday.

I think I preferred it when it was held at the Dower House camp site, in Thetford Forest. I believe the event outgrew the venue.

Dave

• 2 months later...

Archived